If you haven’t already, now is the time that your business should embrace inbound marketing.
The benefits of the inbound approach speak for themselves, with inbound marketing services providing measurable results and generating more qualified leads than traditional methods at a much lower cost - and that’s just for starters!
Despite the increasingly costly and ineffective nature of outbound tactics however (such as cold calling, direct mail and trade shows), some businesses are still choosing to favour the outbound methodology over the advances of inbound.
If this sounds familiar and you’re having trouble convincing your outbound-loving boss that inbound is the way forward, these 20 impressive inbound marketing statistics should get them to listen...
20 mind-blowing inbound marketing statistics to share with your boss:
The inbound approach
1. As of 2020, inbound is the primary marketing approach for 74% marketers across the globe.
2. ...And a whopping 32% of marketers think that traditional outbound marketing methods are the most overrated marketing tactic.
3. In fact, 53% of them agree that inbound marketing gives their company a higher overall ROI!
4. Which isn’t too surprising, considering that 93% of B2B buying journeys start with an online search.
5. What’s more, Inbound marketing has been found to double the average website conversion rate from 6% to 12%.
6. Content marketing is currently ranked as the most effective inbound marketing tactic.
7. …and nearly 40% of marketers say that content marketing is a super-important part of their overall strategy.
8. B2B marketers who write blogs for their website get 67% more leads than those who don’t.
9. 70% of respondents say that SEO is more impactful than PPC for generating sales.
10. 64% of marketers actively invest time in SEO.
11. Leads generated from inbound campaigns cost 61% less on average than outbound leads.
12. Inbound leads have a close rate of 14.6%, compared to a 1.7% lead close rate for outbound.
14. Businesses get 55% more leads when they increase the number of landing pages on their site from 10 to 15.
15. 87% of B2B marketers say email is one of their top free organic distribution channels
17. Marketing emails influence the buying decisions of 50.7% of customers.
18. 54% of people use social media to research products and services.
19. 73% of marketers believe that their efforts through social media marketing have been "somewhat effective" or "very effective" for their business.
20. 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers.
Hopefully after seeing these statistics, your boss will see the power of inbound as clearly as you do!
If they’re still not convinced however, we have a number of different blogs on our website that look at some of the above in more detail, including:
- How inbound marketing can make your team more efficient
- Recruitment agency success: how inbound marketing helped our client get a 441% increase in website traffic
- Do I really need a B2B content marketing strategy?
- The importance of SEO and how it can grow your business
- See how we helped a recruitment agency generate a 4000% increase in lead generation
In the meantime, if you’d like to find out more about our inbound marketing services here at Angelfish and how they can help get your business noticed and grab the attention of your ideal prospects, be sure to book your free one-hour marketing report and consultation with us below!